Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Let me not forget to tremble

Today I was reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan during my devotions, and one of the things he said stuck out to me. "..many facets of God expand beyond our comprehension. He cannot be contained in this world, explained by our vocabulary, or grasped by our understanding." And it struck me that I often think of God as my Father and friend and forget that he is the king, the one who is beyond words, who is not contained by my understanding, who has no beginning, is here now, and will never end, who is holy-set apart, holy-perfect and blameless, and holy-hating sin; and yet all these things make it all the more amazing that he knows the hairs on my head, that he chose to die for me, that he wants a relationship with me, that he loves me.

1 Peter 1:3-6 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade-kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shileded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials..."

this thought of a Holy God reminded me of the song by Nichole Nordeman "Tremble"...I like this song a lot. here's a link to listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt-MRp1Q3BI

No comments:

Post a Comment