Thursday, September 9, 2010

Be doers of the word and not hearers only

Colossians 3:17 and 23
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus giving thanks to God the Father through him. ...Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

Luke 10:27 "He answered, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind', and, 'love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Can everything I do, think and say be said in the name of the Lord Jesus?
Do I do everything as if unto the Lord?
Do I really love the Lord my God with all my heart and soul and strength and mind?

My honest answer is, no. I am a sinner and therefore everything I do and say are not pleasing to God.
But...
Even though I am a dirty sinner He still loves me and He still accepts me because and only because of what Christ has done. He sought me, he found me, and I am his. In my weakness he is strong! Praise his Holy Name!

1 comment: