Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WARNING:to reduce the risk of burns, fire, electrocution, or injury to persons:

(my sister got a new curling iron recently. we found some of the warnings pretty amusing.)

#6. never use while sleeping. (ummm, who filed this lawsuit to get it in the "warning" section?)
#7. never drop or insert any object into any opening. (isn't this true of most things?-like ears and noses)
#9. This curling iron and clamp are hot when in use. DO NOT let eyes and bare skin touch heated surfaces. Use the handle.  (thank you, i was going to try to curl my eyelashes with this until i read this warning.)

and these are to reduce the risk of death by electric shock:
#2. DO NOT use while bathing (this would take multitasking to a new level...)
#4. DO NOT use near, place in or drop into water or other liquid. (oh! lets see what happens when i drop my curling iron in this bucket of other liquid! . . . . . who does these things?)

5 comments:

  1. Man. Sara, I think you saved my life this time! Didn't you know that I *ALWAYS* curl my hair when I am sleeping?
    and a burned eye would REALLLLLYYYYY hurt. (no, I do not speak from experience) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, Rachel, you're forgetting about the time with the jalapenos... or was I not supposed to remind you? :)
    Funny, Sara, I use my curling iron in the shower all the time...Would that explain the shock I keep feeling? Or was that from the blowdryer? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE JALAPEÑOS INCIDENT WAS NOT MY FAULT!!! it was the poisonous pepper's (with its P.I.C, nasty knife) and that was not a heat burn, that was just, well, torturous. But that's a story for another time :P

    ReplyDelete