Tuesday, November 16, 2010

and he delights in me


I am just a falling flower, 
like grass that withers, 
a wave tossed upon the sea or 
a breath upon the wind.

and yet

“I am burning with jealousy for her”
he wants me.

“I am very jealous for her”
he wants me.

“I will be faithful and righteous to her as her God”
he wants me.

“I will bring her back”
he wants me.

“So I will save you”
he wants me.
he is with me.

(quotations from Zechariah 4)

3 comments:

  1. i really like this. just a guess- are you reading zechariah in devotions by any chance? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "he is jealous for me / loves like a hurricane, i am a tree / bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy" ~David Crowder Band
    i love this, Sara. it's such a good reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete